The 2014 National Preparedness Month theme is: “Be Disaster Aware, Take Action to Prepare.” NPM will culminate with National PrepareAthon! Day on September 30. Throughout the month of September, the NPM website will offer valuable preparedness information to raise awareness about disasters and encourage participation on the last day of the campaign on National PrepareAthon! Day. Here are some of the resources available on the NPM website to help you get started:
- Visit www.ready.gov/september for tips and information about NPM;
- Download the 2014 National Preparedness Month Digital Engagement Toolkit;
- Join the National Preparedness Month Thunderclap;
- View and promote the new Ready Campaign Public Service Announcements;
- Register for National PrepareAthon! Day;
- Check out the How to Get Involved in NPM Quick Guide; and
- Join the National Preparedness Community.
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) is hosting a series of free webinars as part of National Preparedness Month. The half-hour webinars will be presented at 2 pm Eastern each Wednesday in September. The first, Crisis Communication for Any Organization, will be held on September 3.
Visit http://snurl.com/296yw4e to register and learn more about the webinars.